Monday, April 7, 2014

As I Dream of Paris/France

While dreaming of actually going to Paris, I made this little wall hanging for a friend who actually did have the amazing experience of visiting this beautiful city.  I really wanted to create a little keepsake for my friend to remember this trip of a lifetime, and the Kraft Outlet made it easy to come up with something lovely.  She had SO much fun, and I can only dream of going there myself......someday (if only in my dreams).
Karen Letchworth for The Kraft Journal
The project base is a Canvas Rectangle, and the string for hanging this little wall decoration was made from several lengths of Natural Hemp Cord.  The project is backed with a piece of Small Pre-Cut Chipboard so that a personal trip photo can be attached to this keepsake to help her remember this trip......always!  Next, I took the lid/rim of a basic canning jar (they're cheap at Goodwill or garage sales), and I simply wrapped Kraft Raffia Ribbon around the lid several times...creating a frame.  In this raffia-covered frame, I placed an Eiffel Tower image that I found on-line and printed onto a soft patterned paper to create the focal point of my project.
Karen Letchworth
To the bottom right, you will see a Tim Holtz Journaling Ticket to which I added a rub-on (Memories) using my handy Bone Folder Tool.  On the left side of the image, I created a lovely bow using Winter White Hand-Stained Bias Tape and Rose Beige Hand-Stained Bias Tape.  These gorgeous trims come in several colors, and give such a soft, romantic feel to your projects - I absolutely LOVE all this luscious new Seam Binding.  On top of the gorgeous bow, I added a sprig of flowers, and then tucked in a Tim Holtz Adage Ticket that's held with a Tim Holtz Memo Pin.  Oh my, how I do just LOVE these awesome and fun supplies from the Kraft Outlet.

As you can see, by using some of the Kraft Outlet's AMAZING products, it's easy to create all kinds of great projects.  Why not treat yourself this week to some new goodies?  Stop by the Kraft Outlet to pick up some new favors and cards, and then be sure also to join in our FUN Paris/France Challenge this week.  We'd love to have you play along, and we can dream about Paris together!

I'm sharing my little project in the following challenges:
Just B Creative Crazy Challenge - April Linky Party - Just Because/Anything Goes

Crafty Card Makers Challenge Blog - Challenge:  You've Been Framed - As explained above, the focal point of my project is the FRAME I made using a canning jar lid that I wrapped in raffia.

Little Scrap Pieces Challenges - Saturday Linky Party

Simon Says Stamp Challenge Blog - Monday Challenge/Journey/Travel - And I will FOREVER dream of this beautiful trip for myself as I help my dear friend celebrate her beautiful journey!

Thanks again for stopping by! Have a blessed week,
Karen

.......Fun Blog Hop Tomorrow!

11 comments:

  1. WOW....this is just gorgeous. What a beautifully stunning giftie. Your friend is going to love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Completely gorgeous! Love the raffia frame, and the whole thing just looks amazing.

    Thanks for sharing with us

    Lin
    Crafty Cardmakers and More

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful Karen! I love the way you highlighted the Eiffel Tower! Purely Devine!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Karen this is an amazing creation - love it, especially the dimension and the way you wrapped that 'ring'.
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful hanging with so many gorgeous elements. The frame is fabulous as are all of the embellishments. Thanks so much for sharing with us at CCM&More and good luck.

    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your hanging is so beautiful Karen, I do hope you get to visit Paris one day soon. Thanks so much for letting me know of challenge. I have managed to add in my project but I just have phone access tonight and can't figure editing of post to add in The Kraft Journal link to end of my post. I will be back to pc tomorrow and promise to add link then. Have a lovely weekend. Nicola x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello Karen. Such a lovely piece you have created for the French challenge. I wanted to also thank-you for visiting me and leaving a kind comment. I have added my french tag to the French challenge over at The Kraft Journal. Thank-you for telling me about it. Happy crafting. Karen.x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Stunning hanging! I hope you get to go to Paris some day! I can tell you, it's a really beautiful city. I'm sure you'll love it! Thank you so much for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. Hugs, Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you for joining in with my challenge at Crafty Cardmakers and more... I love the use of natural textures! The rafia frame is really effective.

    Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's a nice project. The style is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments. They mean so much to me.