Monday, August 25, 2014

Calkboard Cards at Creative Card Crew

Let me tell you, I was absolutely DELIGHTED when I was asked by Mari to Guest Design at Creative Card Crew with her and her talented Design Team.  I've been playing along in their challenges for years, and was incredibly blessed when I finally won one a few weeks back.  I've always enjoyed their challenges and challenge blog, and when I heard that this week's challenge was a Chalkboard Challenge, I was ALL in!
This first card was created using lots of great October Afternoon products from their 5 and Dime collection.  I chose the two specific Chalkboard Cards I did for a very specific reason.  I wanted to give everyone some "cheating options" for this technique.  I've heard some crafters say that they just can't get this chalkboard technique to work for them, and I must admit that I've struggled with it a bit myself.   This first card uses a chalkboard patterned paper that I simply inked and added to my card.  Easy, right?
My second card is one that you might recognize as I've posted it before.  Again, I'm "cheating" a bit here.  This card uses a digital chalkboard image from Daydream Designs.  All you have to do is print it off, and you're ready to go.  It doesn't get ANY easier than that.  So......with that said, NO MORE EXCUSES!  You need to stop by Creative Card Crew this week and share your Chalkboard Cards in this super fun challenge.  Their sponsor is Dies R Us, and one lucky person will win a gift certificate to pick out some fabulous new die-cuts.  I can hardly wait to see all your fabulous creations.
 
Thanks for stopping by to say hello, and I hope to see you playing along in the challenge.
 
Blessings to you,
Karen

8 comments:

  1. Gorgeous cards Karen - and thanks for the 'cheating' tips :-)
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice cards. The second one is my fav. Love the smudged chalk on the blackboard. - Jim

    ReplyDelete
  3. comme toujours magnifique et féminin a souhait, biz

    ReplyDelete
  4. First Congrats, as always your cards are Beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very pretty cards Karen. Especially love the second one with the colored 'chalk'. The ribbon treatment looks lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Both cards are absolutely gorgeous no matter how you put them together. So glad that you got to be a GDT. Look forward to seeing more of your fabulous creations. Maggie DT, Teamie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Two pretty cards...using the "chalkboard" technique (and I like the way you did them...smile)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello, Karen,
    I'm not sure I have understood... Did you buy a paper that already has chalkboard effect? I have never seen it in the shops I go to and neither in on line shops. As you saw I myself made chalkboard effect using chalkboard painting.
    And are the lollipop and the cupcakes stamps? That's why they are so precise! I wondered how you could be so precise using real chalks. I wrote with real chalks, but it is not easy to do it well on a little space.
    Hugs,

    Mariangela

    P.S.
    I forgot to say that I am your latest follower. ^___^

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments. They mean so much to me.