Friday, September 19, 2014

Inspirations Past Part II

Well, ever since I finished my fun October Afternoon card and got it posted on my blog yesterday, I've been "itching" to make a matching tag to use as a gift card holder for this extra special card.  I used pretty much all the same supplies as on my original card.  Here it all is again for you (just in case you didn't see yesterday's post).  See just below this photo.
I used lots of October Afternoon (both 5 and Dime, Sidewalks and bits of others) on this card along with some Wagon Red Bazzill cardstock, 5 and Dime blackboard Wagon Square, Tim Holtz Barn Door Red ink, Tim Holtz Charcoal Ink, ), some mini tags cut from die-cuts held in place with a sweet rusty pear-shaped safety pin, toothpick and flag from October Afternoon, Mini Kraft Mertchandise Bag (to hold a gift card), and a Hobby Lobby rub-on for the Happy Birthday sentiment.
Thanks for taking a peek at my tag.  If you happened to miss my post from yesterday explaining the origin and inspiration for this card, please check my post to read about the original artist who inspired this card Kristi Lockhart.  I still prefer her sweet card over my own.  It's just too sweet!

I'm sharing this tag in the following challenges:

Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenges - Simon Says "TAG IT" - I made this sweet matching tag with mini kraft merchandise bag (to hold a gift card) and this tag (posted above) matches a card I made and posted yesterday.  I now have the complete gift set for this sweet and special project!

Have a blessed week, my crafty friends!
Karen

8 comments:

  1. So sweet. I am always in awe of how many elements you use on your cards and tags. Love them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fabulous tag to go with your card!!
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice work thanks for sharing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Adorable little card and tag! Love how you used the chalkboard pp.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So cute Karen, love these!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. such wonderful creations with fabulous details.
    Thank you for joining us at Simon says Stamp Wednesday Challenge.
    Luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  7. Really fun card and tag. Lots to look at and take in. Great creative imagination. - Jim

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments. They mean so much to me.