Monday, September 15, 2014

Tag, You're It!! at The Kraft Journal

This week at The Kraft Journal, we have a really fun challenge for everyone called "Tag, You're It".  You can translate this challenge however you wish. If it inspires you to create a tag, or to add a tag on your card or scrapbook layout, those are all great ideas.  You simply need to use any product(s) sold at The Kraft Outlet OR any kraft product (i.e. paper bag, kraft paper, cardboard, etc.)  We look forward to seeing how this week's "Tag, You're It" Challenge will inspire YOU!
For me, I chose to create a fun Christmas tag.  I started with a piece of Lunch Bag Kraft Cover Weight Card Stock and then, using my handy dandy Bone Folder Tool I added a Bo-Bunny Christmas rub-on.  I always use my Bone Folder Tool when applying rub-ons because it distributes the weight evenly, and gets even those "difficult" rub-ons to glide on with ease.  FYI, it's also great for making crisp folds in your paper.  I also inked all the edges of my paper with my Tim Holtz Barn Red Ink.  Once I had my tag cut and the rub-on applied, I added a big fluffy bow made of Christmas Red and Vintage Winter White Hand-Stained Bias Tape.  To the bow, I added some sweet rusty bells from Factory Direct (really the best quality rusty bells you can find), and tied them with a length of Natural Hemp Cord.  The finishing touch to my tag was the sentiment.  Again, I used my Bone Folder Tool to add the Bo-Bunny rub-on Merry Christmas sentiment to a piece of Lunch Bag Kraft Cover Weight Card Stock, and it is held in place with a Tim Holtz Memo Pin. 
 
I am so grateful that you have stopped by to take a peek at my little Christmas tag, and I'd sure love to have each of you stop by to share your art in our challenge this week at The Kraft Journal.  It's always more fun when everyone is able to play along.
 
I'm going to share my tag in these challenges this week:
Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog - Simon Says "Create Your Own Background" - This is the perfect project for this challenge.  The "background" is the project - simply a piece of kraft paper with a rub-on, that's it!

Blessings Ink - Amusing Challenge - Tags - This is my sweet little Christmas tag

Thanks so much for stopping by to say hello, and have a great week!

Karen 

8 comments:

  1. just beautiful one of my Favorite Holiday's! Great Job as always ..
    Blessings Dottie

    ReplyDelete
  2. magnifique ton tag Karen, il serait parfait pour notre challenge chez Christmas stampin all year long cette semaine, cela me ferait plaisir si tu jouais avec nous, biz

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that tag - it is gorgeous. The card is very pretty too Karen.
    Blessings and prayers
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW! That tag is absolutely beautiful! I love the reds! Just gorgeous! Thanks so much for playing along with the Create Your Own Background Challenge on the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely card. Thank you so much for joining in the Sketch Saturday Challenge this time.

    Hugs, Vannessa
    Sketch Saturday DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this kraft, Santa tag! Just dropping by to say hello and congrats on your Heartfelt Creations semi finalist win! Best wishes for the contest!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments. They mean so much to me.