Friday, April 15, 2016

Things With Wings at Really Reasonable Ribbon

The new challenge starting today at Really Reasonable Ribbon is "Things With Wings" and I hope you will all play along.  Since nature offers so many pretty things with wings, I decided to create something really different using two lovely winged creatures.  They were created using some decorative wooden embroidery hoops from Crate Paper.  I attached some vintage music paper underneath each one as the base, and then backed each one with cardboard for a sturdy backing.  The first one has lots of great Crate Paper ephemera, including the bird, the tag, vellum piece and the leaves.  I love the gold accents on these pieces.  I also added some sweet little sequins to make the project sparkle a bit.
Those who know me are aware that, for me, no project is ever complete without some ribbon.  Really Reasonable Ribbon helped me top this project with the perfect touches.  I added a torn piece of the yummy 2 1/2" Cotton Blend Plain Ribbon along with a piece of Bay Leaf Seam Binding and Cream Seam Binding.  I topped it with a vintage button and a tiny tag with a stamped sentiment.  My daughter already claimed this green one for her bedroom.
The second hoop is quite a bit smaller than the first.  Again, I placed music paper as the base and added some sweet Crate Paper ephemera, some sequins, vintage tape, and little touches of cuteness.
The top of this second hoop is adorned with a torn narrow strip of calico material, a length of Cream Seam Binding, and a torn strip of the 2 1/2" Cotton Blend Plain Ribbon.  Again, I topped the sweet bow with a small button that's threaded with Ivory Burlap String, and has a tiny tag with a stamped sentiment.  
It really is true that Really Reasonable Ribbon can make ANY and EVERY project just a bit sweeter by topping them with the perfect finishing touch - RIBBON!  They also carry lots of great flowers, leaves and other lovely embellishments.  You will definitely want to check out all their great products.

And don't forget to stop by and take part in the Things With Wings Challenge starting today on the Really Reasonable Ribbon Blog.  We look forward to seeing what you will create, and Really Reasonable Ribbon has all the best trims to help you get started.

Blessings,
Karen

8 comments:

  1. Love both of your projects. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh Karen, these are just so pretty! What a fun idea. I would hang these up, and do a little gallery wall with them. Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty projects Karen. I love all your layered ribbons for different textures. I have used an embroidery hoop on a project a few months ago, don't they give such a lovely addition to a project for hanging them. I also love your cork butterfly, a substrate I seem to forget about. Thanks for stopping by my blog today.
    Julie x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your card is lovely! The soft colors blend so nicely together. I love the bits of gold you have added! All the elements go so nicely and this is a super duper card! Love it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Karen these are amazing - so very pretty. Who but you put so much in such a small space and make it a wee masterpiece.
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  6. Karen, you work is always amazing & very inspirational!
    these hoops are truly masterpieces! TFS and inspiring the rest of us!
    Sharon W.
    sharon_wheet@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a beautiful hoop art, Karen!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments. They mean so much to me.